Do you work only with non-profits?
Currently, yes, I freelance only with non-profit organizations. The primary focus of any company I freelance for, or the project they need me for, must center on one of five areas:
- literacy for adults and children,
- cleaner air
- cleaner water
- food security
- affordable housing
What would you do for me?
Research and write grant proposals, create a fundraising program, and design brochures.
What is your experience?
The experience of writing a business plan is translatable to writing a grant. Both need:
- precision of mission
- an identified need
- often partners
- evaluation plan
- and a host of other administrative tasks before the writing even begins
I was awarded approval from the Self-Employment Assistance Program (SEAP), a government-sponsored program, for the business plan I wrote.
I also designed a series of brochures, one-page information ads, and business forms for a fledgling makeup business.
How much do you charge?
Not-for-profit organizations 501(c)(3) = $3,000 – $6,000 (50-100 hours) as a flat rate for most projects. The rate is $60/hour for short projects (15 hours or less).
Rush rate: Not currently available
Every project cost depends on several factors. How much of the administrative work you do before I write will reduce your costs. How long it takes me to research, perform administrative tasks, and then write your proposal determines its actual cost. The regional fee range is between $60-$150 per hour. Contact me regarding your specific project, your administrative needs, research, end writing, etc. for a quote.
What are your terms?
- I use a written and signed agreement for all projects, regardless how big or small. This is required for all work, spelled out in detail, including costs, and signed by both of us.
- Two revisions are included in the quote, with each revision returned within 7 days. If extra revisions must take place, the additional revisions will be billed at $75/hour.
- I do not work on a percentage of the grant, nor on a contingency or commission basis. (Most funders will not allow grant funds to be used to pay for grant writing.)
- I require a point person for communicating with me in a regular and consistent manner.
- Payment shall be paid in full (100%) or as an installment arrangement of 50% up front at the same time we sign the agreement, together with the remainder split as 25% due 30 days after signing, and the final 25% due 45 days after signing.